Trailing seminars are three days long with one Head Instructor and two Assistant Instructors. Class sizes are generally limited to 4-8 dog teams, depending on skill level. This seminar is unlimited to those who would like to audit the class. With a very low instructor/student ratio, teams receive exceptional personal attention. These seminars are focused on individual training issues. There will be foundation work for beginning dogs and scenario problems for advanced skill levels. We conduct trailing exercises for each component, then put the pieces together for a successful trail. This class is available for all levels of trailing dogs.
In our seminars we break trailing down into separate components:
- Direction of Travel, (PLS)
- Scent Discrimination
- Line Handling
- Reading The Dog
- Understanding The Scent Picture
- Do you know how to train a trailing so that your dog doesn’t just follow the fringe scent?
- Do you know how to know when your dog is on or off the trail?
- Would you like to be able to communicate with your dog through the trailing line?
- Do you want to have a fun environment while learning to train your dog?